I know, I know, it's a little late for a year end recap, like 20 days late!! But I really like to reflect and renew at this time of year and since I was vacationing at the time, I didn't really get the chance to do so.
2012 was a great year filled with all sorts of change for us! We started the year with William's baby blessing. Having a new baby and three kids was still a new change that we were all getting used to! Will turned one in October and luckily by that time we had all adjusted and gotten used to being a family of five.
Here is Will at his baby blessing a year ago.
And here he is now! It's amazing how much can change in a year!
Ava also had to adjust and change in many ways. She had to get used to a baby brother and she had to get used to her best friend and sister, Lily going to school! The day we dropped Lily off for her first day of school, I was doing great, then I looked down at Ava who was in tears! Then we both just cried together. It's hard being stuck in the middle sometimes, but she is such a sweet girl. She knows how to get along with everyone. Ava learned that it can be nice to have some alone time away from Lily and that Will is a great playmate instead of a threat. They all have so much fun together. Ava is the biggest party animal of all! We love her and her fun personality.
Here is Ava last year.
Here is Ava now. Ready for a new year full of more changes and new beginnings! :)
Lily's biggest change this year was starting kindergarten. She loved it! Lily was made for kindergarten! She had so much fun doing all the fun activities at school and learning. She is now a reading maniac and can't wait to be starting first grade in two weeks! It was so hard for her to leave her class and teacher back in Utah that is how much she loved kindergarten.
Here is Lily last year.
And here she is a year later.
The biggest change for all of us last year was Cory's job change to KK Machinery in Australia. It was a long process to come about, but on December 16th we finally all made it here to Australia. So 2012 was a year of anticipation for this change. As we waited for the day to come that we were supposed to leave we decided to see more of America. In 2012 We drove from coast to coast! We drove to California in March.
There we got to see the Pacific Ocean.
Then in August we drove all the way to North Carolina and there we got to see the Atlantic Ocean.
Then we came here and we got to see the Indian Ocean. (At least that is the Ocean the every Australian told me it was, but I'm still not sure.)
We were traveling fools in 2012! But I was so glad to see so much of the United States before I left them for a while!
We look forward to 2013 as a year of new beginnings here in Australia! We are already loving living in another country and all of the fun experiences we are having learning to be our own family.
May all of you have a wonderful 2013!




what a great nostalgic post. I loved watching your kids grow in the year recap.
ReplyDelete