There was a huge playground with a fence and a gate (that none of my kids could open themselves! Bonus!). All around the park there is a fence and on the other side of the fence there are a bunch of emus and kangaroos! Then there is a pond with ducks and my kids favorite, peacocks just walking around. There are also a lot of bird cages all around the whole park with exotic (well exotic to us, but indigenous to Australia) birds in them. To me it was like a very miniature Liberty Park/Tracey Aviary, for those of you in the Salt Lake area, you know what I'm talking about. But I mean super miniature in comparison, but it was just the right size for us! :) Here are the kids following a peacock around.
Will never wanted to stop, I wasn't sure how docile these peacocks were, if maybe they would suddenly freak out that this little boy wouldn't stop following it, so I eventually distracted him with something else. Plus Will is one of those who would start pulling out its tail feathers if he could just reach them.
But he would have followed it around the whole time if I had let him.
Here are some pics of the awesome playground.
There were so many different things to do. My kids could have played forever!
Here's Will driving the ship.
I loved that they were trapped in there because of the gate, that way I didn't have to worry about them wandering off somewhere else!
Lily recently started sliding down the poles at the parks. She is getting so big!
Here's Lily balancing.
Here's Will "balancing" What a cutie!
After a lot of playing on the playground we decided to go check out all the birds and animals.
We were walking over to some bird cages and there were a bunch of pink and grey cockatoos on the grass, so my kids of course decided to run them off. Too bad you can't really see the birds in this picture!
Here is the talking macaw. They call macaws Maccas, and they also call McDonalds that too.
Anyways, this macca talked to us. Lily said "Hello Macca" and the bird said, "Dance, Crocy, Dance." It was hilarious!
Here are the peacocks sitting on the top of the bird cage.
Here are all the kids feeding the ducks.
Here's the pond, I love the palm tree island.
Here is a close up of a cockatoo.
The pond had this cool castle across from it.
After we looked around the whole park the kids went back to the playground and played for another hour or more! I'm not sure why, but I have no pictures of the emus and kangaroos! I guess we will have to go back and get some of those! It was a great park and I'm glad that we have it here in our town!



























No comments:
Post a Comment