Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Trimming the Tree

On the first Monday night in December we put up the Christmas decor for Family Night.  I had seen a used Christmas tree on the Kalgoorlie Facebook page back in August or something for $20 and I bought it!  I was determined we would have a tree this year, since last year we didn't.  Then my good friend moved back home to Tasmania and she gave us their tree and trimmings.  So not only would we have a tree this year, we would have two!  So not bad, all for only $20.  :)

 Here are the kids blowing their Christmas bubbles that they got for the advent calendar that day while they wait for dad to get the tree out.
 The stockings were hung.  No chimney however.  :)
 Here are the kids helping dad spread the branches. Look at Lily's technique.  Lily said she was very professional at it, because she did it at Neal and McKall's house last year.

 Will could hardly wait to put the star on top of the tree.  Cory is looking for some Christmas music on Pandora to set the mood.
 All the kids were in heaven, really, really enjoying themselves.

 Here are my many attempts at getting all the kids looking at the camera.  I think one of them worked.  The tree is nice, just a little short, but for free, I'm not going to complain.


 Here's Will putting the star on top of the tree.
 Here is our other tree.  It's pretty weeny, but for $20, I'm not going to complain either.



 Having fun.  This was seriously such a great bonding activity.  I can totally see how the holidays bring families closer together.

 Ava putting the star on top.
 Now Lily's turn.

 This tree currently has no ornaments left on the bottom half, as you can imagine.
 These are some other advent calendar surprises from another day.  Who doesn't love a pink Ava reindeer?  I know I do.
Now the only thing that I am really missing, besides the snow, this Christmas is a nativity set up.  I have searched all over town, there are none to be found.  It's sad and I can really feel it missing.  So Lily made one out of a box and old toilet paper rolls.  It is seriously so awesome.  Here is a pic of it.


Loved putting the Christmas decorations up with my little family.  It's the only thing that reminds me it's Christmas time, since the weather isn't helping with that!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment