When my nesting instinct kicked in while I was expecting Sofie, it went into overdrive! I seriously was a nesting maniac and I wasn't going to be unprepared for anything. So when I had Sofie a few days before Easter weekend, it was no problem, I had already been ready for Easter for weeks.
We have a tradition that we like to dye eggs on Good Friday. It gives us a chance to talk about what Good Friday is and why it is good. We dye eggs so we can remember that Jesus died for us, (get it dye and die??) and that even though it sounds sad it is really, really good! So that is our little tradition.
Here are the kids dying eggs this year.
It is a little bit difficult to get some good color on these eggs since they are brown...Cory searched for white ones but couldn't find any.
Will was thrilled he was allowed to participate. Here he is patiently waiting his turn.
Even Sofie got in on the action.
Oh boy! Will is so excited.
Here's our finished lot of eggs. I personally like the dark, subdued colors.
And here are just a few cute pics of Sofie from that day. Oh, she was still so new!
She actually had to go and get her heel prick that day...and I was so concerned she didn't have any flowers, bows or headbands at all to wear. Priorities, right? So I quickly made her this one, so her head wouldn't be bare for her heel prick.
Awww, such a sweet little angel!
We love little Sofie! And we love our Savior for doing what was necessary to make the Friday He died be remembered as good Friday.




















No comments:
Post a Comment